Monday, January 21, 2013

Let the Shopping Begin!!!!

Well everyone, I was dead wrong my entire pregnancy! It's a BOY! Oddly enough, it feels so right to know that he is a he, even though I thought he was a she! Lendel said I couldn't post any pictures of the proof, but trust us; it's definitely a BOY :) I do admit I teared up a bit when I caught the first glimpse of his profile. Even though he is still a bit alien-ish, he is just adorable! It makes it all so much more real, and I love him so much already!

I've been asking Lendel this entire time what he wanted, but he always said he didn't care and would be happy with either gender. However, when the ultrasound tech confirmed that it was indeed a boy, Lendel did the Nacho Libre fist and yelled, "YES!". I looked at him and said, "I thought you didn't care?". Ha I guess it's just an inherent wish for a guy to have a little boy first.

For those of you who aren't from my hometown, you may not realize that my Dad's side of the family is notorious for having umm..... extremely large heads. Well, our little guy got it! The tech looked a little nervous at first and said, "Umm.... his head is kind of big". We both laughed and asked how big. "Realllly big", was the response we got. Yup, our baby's head is in the 90th %ile!  Hahaha oh we laughed so hard! We actually get another ultrasound because his head is measuring 2 weeks ahead. There is nothing to worry about, they just want to track his growth. He weighed in at 13 oz (2 oz heavier than he should be because of the head). All else was in great condition :)

That is pretty much the exciting stuff... Oh, except for the fact we found out our scale is off by 5 lbs. So, I've gained almost 15 lbs since I got pregnant, and Lendel has gained just as much! He was a bit distraught this morning when he stepped on the scale and saw the number. Maybe I should stop letting him have half of my milkshake every night? Ha.... oh Lendel :)

And... here is a picture of the little guy! You can definitely tell his head is big, but still! His little nose and mouth just make me melt! (And P.S. that is totally the umbilical cord, so worry not)

We are so excited! I already have all the colors for the room picked out (much to Lendel's dismay) and can't wait to finally start shopping for all kinds of cute stuff!

6 comments:

  1. Nicole congrats!!! This is so exciting and I am so happy for you! Hope all goes well and can't wait to see that cute angel in a few months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom and aunts are so crafty, you're going to have such a cute baby nursery!! We are really excited it's a boy, so Carter will have a boy cousin around the same age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky we have so many boy things! Congrats! It's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole!! This is sooo exciting for you!! Congrats!! Oh and p.s. that ultrasound picture looks super high tech!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I am lucky indeed to have so many talented people who have had boys lately :) And Lindsey, it is high tech! It's a 3D image, which used to cost a lot of money to get, but now they just include a couple at the Logan hospital. Lucky right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to get him skinny jeans! I'm super excited for you! I love my little guy. He is 90% in height and 25% in head circumference. Good luck having that baby! It's the best thing in the world holding your new little baby. He will look nothing like you think he will. I hope you like him more than I like mine :)

    ReplyDelete