Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Crafty-Crafts!

My craft side has decided to show up all of the sudden. I've been able to hold off for most of my schooling because I knew I would lose control and just want to do projects all the time! I'm taking an introductory sewing class at USU because I wanted some easy credits for my last semester, and I am loving it! My Mom and Grandma are amazing seamstresses, but neither are close enough to show me all the cool tricks on my sewing machine that my awesome in-laws gave me.

Here are a couple of pillows I made yesterday :) the long one is sewn shut and just stuffed with filling, but the square one has a zipper (that's way too small) and is a pillow cover. It was my first time sewing a zipper and it didn't turn out too bad! I had fun making them too!


Don't mind how crooked the clock looks, it's just the angle I took the picture at!


Yes, our couch is ugly navy blue. Oh well, we're poor college students and love it anyway!


Lucky for me I have pretty much the same color scheme in my bedroom and living room so I have one in each room. Now I just have all these to get done:
  • Apron
  • Car seat cover
  • Car seat blanket
  • Nursing cover
  • Baby quilt
  • Curtains for baby room
Oh so many projects so do.... I can't wait to be done with school!


3 comments:

  1. I have an AWESOME nursing cover, if you want to use it to make a pattern...feel free. I also have a car seat cover that opens in the front, or you can stick with the traditional flip over one.

    Good work Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome! I forgot to mention to you that the handle on the car seat will make it so that a car seat cover straps need to be a bit wider than normal. Just make sure to adjust your pattern. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee that would be awesome! I'll definitely need a pattern :) And Maddie that's great to know! Thanks again for letting us use it :) It's a HUGE help!

    ReplyDelete