Sunday, November 25, 2012

And So It Begins...

Oh my goodness I can't describe how happy I am! I think it's mostly because I have a Christmas tree sitting in front of me, and it's mine! I love Christmas, and I honestly don't think Lendel has ever seen me as giddy as I was on Friday night when I was setting it up. Our tree is very simple: only 6 ft tall, fairly thin greens, with gold and red bulbs and bells. It doesn't matter to me though because I'm just happy I finally have one!

Of course Thanksgiving was a great experience, but there were so many reasons it was great. My Grandpa Mortensen was recently diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. It is widely known that Pancreatic Cancer works quickly, so we don't have much time left with him. It was such a blessing to be able to see him and the rest of my family. My family came up this Thanksgiving in order to spend some time with him. Grandpa gave the prayer for Thanksgiving dinner, and what a prayer it was. He is such a special, kind man, and I have been so lucky to have him in my life. I love him so much.

The holidays are always my favorite time of year (after Halloween, I get too creeped out during Halloween). A miracle happened on Thanksgiving and I'm so glad it did! I can proudly say that Thanksgiving was the first day in a long time that I did not puke!!! Oh what a relief to enjoy all that great food and not even have to see it come back again! And the best part? I haven't thrown up since! Thanksgiving will now be one of my favorite days of all time :)

These pregnancy hormones sure are crazy I tell you what. The worst one? My nose! Oh my goodness everything in this world stinks! My uncle Brad decided to make fresh salsa and eat it for breakfast. I'm sure it was great, but he would walk in the door and I could smell it from upstairs. Sorry I avoided you for all of Thanksgiving Brad! I have also been experiencing the crying syndrome lately. Yesterday I ended up having to work for a lot longer than planned, and I was exhausted. I knew our apartment was messy so I was preparing myself for the cleaning. When I walked in the place was spotless! Lendel had cleaned everything and even done the piles of laundry I had been neglecting. I cried.... a lot. I married a good one! Thanks Lendel for being the best guy to me always :)

My belly is starting to move out slightly, mostly because I'm not throwing up everything I eat :) We'll see how long until I look full-out prego! Anyway, if you happen to see me around crying, just know they are probably tears of joy for some small thing, and understand that I swear I have no control. I'm pregnant. I plan on using that excuse frequently for the next 7 months!

4 comments:

  1. I know I've told you this already, but I am so excited for you!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! You're going to have a very cute baby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get a pregnancy journal! & take weekly pictures. I've seen some women do the pictures in the same location & in the same shirt each week. It makes the changes more noticeable. Hopefully it's the 2nd trimester that's making the nausea go away. :)

    You have a great husband. Yay!

    Grandpa Mortensen is amazing! His prayer was precious. So glad we all got together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've had a few puke free days and hope they continue! We're still so excited about your news -- life is good, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you guys got to come for Thanksgiving! Sorry I wasn't around much, I suck. I am so happy you are feeling better! Now you get to just enjoy being prego. You are going to be so cute I can't wait until you get a big belly. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete