Sunday, November 18, 2012

Here We Go!

Well, I think it's about time I let everyone in on a little secret! I guess I'll start with some hints:
-All I want to eat is cereal, pancakes, root beer floats and mac n' cheese
-Unfortunately if I eat anything but those things I will throw it up...or get MAJOR heartburn
-I've been absolutely exhausted and maybe, possibly a wee bit ..... emotional? (you'll have to ask Lendel)
-My pants have been fitting terribly awkward lately.....

I'm sure it's not too difficult now right? Yep... Lendel and I are expecting our first baby! As of today I'm about 11 weeks along and this little one is due on June 11th of 2013. We are super excited, and really really nervous! I'll be done with school in May so just in time right? I guess i'll just have to endure walking around campus with a huge belly.

I can honestly say that my favorite part in this adventure so far has been telling our families the happy news. Oh man the faces and exclamations! Lendel and I are both the oldest in our families so this will be the first grand baby on both sides. Sadly, most of the people we told didn't believe us, including my own mother. Her reasoning was that there is absolutely no way I could have had an ultrasound at only 7 weeks. Umm Mom, have you seen technology lately? I guess it also doesn't help that I'm constantly telling jokes and being sarcastic.

 My favorite was when I would say to someone, "Guess what", and they automatically say, "You're pregnant", because that's the universal answer you give to anyone that's married right? Then when I said "yes", the shocking reply of, "WHAT!? NO YOU'RE NOT!" was all I got. Umm..... didn't you just guess that one? Now why are you so shocked? It's been quite comical I must say.

Anyhow, that's our exciting news for the week :) Once I get help figuring out more about his whole blogging thing I'll start the oh-so-famous weekly pregnancy pics as this belly of mine grows.

5 comments:

  1. I can help you with the blog part :) anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We are so excited for you guys! It will be great to have two babies so close in age! Also, I totally feel you with the being sick and having heartburn - hang in there!! Let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both. You're going to be great parents. Looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartburn is horrible & I think I tried everything in the book to get ride of it. We'll have to talk. ;) I'm so excited for you & wish you luck walking around campus when you are so close to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle I told my doctor I was having it already at 7 weeks and she told me to just go get some Prilosec and carry tums with me always! She said I was in for a long one if I was having it that early. Oh well :) It's only 9 months right? =/

    ReplyDelete