Monday, May 13, 2013

A Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was fantastic! I had a great day on Saturday just going to random shops with Lendel. We also stopped at A&W to grab a bite to eat and a root beer float. Since every single date of ours has to be followed by ice cream for me, it worked nicely to get them both at the same time. I was on my feet more than usual so they puffed up quite a bit by the end of the night. Good thing Lendel is amazing at foot rubs! Here are some pictures to sum up my weekend:


This is my BEAUTIFUL Mom that I love so much! She's the greatest Mom around, and definitely doesn't look old enough to be a Grandma. I can't wait to see her when this baby comes! Since I didn't shout her out on Facebook like everyone else did for their Mom's, it's her turn for that now :)
Lendel surprised me with a watch for Mother's Day and I love it! I was exhausted, and didn't even realize he had snuck it under my phone before my alarm went off. I simply grabbed my phone and turned off the alarm, then went back to bed. He decided to text me to get my attention again, and I told my phone to "shut up" before I realized it was a text. Once I read the text, I realized there was a box on my nightstand that I hadn't noticed before. Sorry I'm so lame Lendel!
We got to talk to this great guy yesterday!  My brother Kyle has been on a mission in England since March of last year. Notice his name tag is in Chinese, but his mission is English-speaking. He spends a lot of time up by the university in York, where there are a ton of Chinese people. He's such a great kid! He's so nice, and never says anything bad about any of his companions, or the people he meets. It says a lot about a person when they can get along with just about anyone, and not complain about all the crazies you can meet when serving a mission. I sure do miss him! Our little boy will be almost 8 months old when Kyle gets back, but he's going to be an amazing uncle.
Ha! I just had to add this picture. This is a snapshot we got of him as he was telling us that he's received tons of care packages with toothbrushes in them. He said,"I think everyone is trying to tell me I need to brush my teeth more". What a funny kid he is.


3 comments:

  1. That made me cry! Maybe its because Matt is out of town again and I miss him when he's gone. I bet it is so hard not seeing Kyle. He really is a good kid! Your mom is the best. She raised some amazing children. She is going to be the prettiest grandma I know!! Happy Mother's Day Nicole!!! I can't wait to hold that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Mother's Day you'll be a Mommy! Your Mom is amazing and your brother is missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we do miss him Lisa! You can call me and talk to me any time you want :) I checked with my Mom and you are still on our family plan so it doesn't cost extra to talk to you forever haha! Aimee, I felt weird saying I was a Mom already, but then I thought, "Umm.... how much have I thrown up, gotten puffy, had heartburn, gained weight, and got tons of stretch marks for this baby already? Yeah.... I'm a Mom". He will be here by Father's day though so Lendel will definitely count as a Dad!

    ReplyDelete