Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Getting There...

We had our first real weekly appointment today. For those of you who don't know what they do for these, let's just say they do some measuring. I am already at 2 cm and 70% effaced. Again, if you don't know what that means.... don't go look it up. If you do know what it means, you are probably a woman who has had a child and this won't gross you out :) Basically... I'm already starting the first stages of labor! I was fairly surprised when my doctor threw out those numbers because I'm only at 35 weeks. I was a little worried it meant this little man would come early, but she said she still expects him to come at 39-40 weeks. She also estimated him to weigh in at about 7 to 7.5 lbs at delivery. Glorious day! He won't be gigantic!

Lendel and I both had to resist cracking up while she was checking some things out because she kept saying, "Oh you have a wonderful pelvis" and "This looks great, your pelvis is fantastic". In normal words: I GOT ME SOME GOOD CHILD-BEARIN' HIPS! Hahaha sweet....

I bought some decorations for his room yesterday, and I got so excited! Now I just need to hurry up and move so I can set up his room. Yes.... we've decided to move. We found a great place that is still really cheap and sooooo much bigger so we decided to go for it.
Graduation was on Saturday, and I am officially a college graduate with a Bachelors in Exercise Science and a Minor in Psychology. It doesn't seem real yet, but I guess it will when Lendel has to go back to school and I get to stay home with Baby :)

On Sunday, we were sitting in a meeting and Lendel leaned over to me and asked, "How long has it been since you've seen your Dad?". I started bawling. Man I miss my family, but especially my Dad. It's been about six months since I have seen him and it's just not right! I can't wait for them to come out and visit when Baby is born. I love my parents and my brothers and my sister. I also love my in-laws. I know... that can be a rare thing, but I really do have the best family on both sides.

1 comment:

  1. You do have an awesome Daddy! Don't worry... Labor can go on for weeks. Ha! LMK if you need help moving or anything. LVU!

    ReplyDelete