Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ultimate Nesting

-FULL TERM- That's right.... I am now officially considered full term. Although my due date is still three weeks away, I already packed our hospital bags. One reason: I love packing. Weird right? Oh well.... I do love it. The other reason I already packed is because we are moving this weekend. Since I am so close to my due date and progressing quite rapidly, the last thing I want is to go into labor in the middle of a move. We will keep the bags in an easy place to grab and be a lot less stressed when this baby does come. Also, what better way to "nest" than to organize a completely new apartment!? I'm super excited about that part :)

Yes....you can call me obsessed!


Lendel's snacks. He can't go long without food....


All the baby stuff! These are some necessities that I've found on random blogs and what-not. I am more than willing to hear any ideas from Mommies out there who have other excellent ideas for the baby's bag....or my bag for that matter :)


This is Baby's bag all packed! (Lendel doesn't like that I refer to him as "Baby", but seeing as we aren't 100% sure what we are naming him, what else am I supposed to call him?)


Unfortunately, my ability to control my stress levels has decreased a ton. I've found myself having quite a few anxiety attacks the last few weeks when I get stressed out. Last night I was starting to panic about how we are going to get everything moved, and I was being somewhat grumpy towards Lendel. In my defense, he was having some fun with it and teasing me. He finally ran to the store to grab a few last-minute items for our dinner. (Apparently in Lendel's world you CANNOT eat beef enchiladas without sour cream). I was about in tears when he left, and when he came back, he had this in his hand:
Yup. Oreos and a Mini Rose plant. Of course I immediately started crying and apologized for being grumpy towards him. I'm pregnant OK!? Cut me some slack! What a sweet guy I've got. 

P.S. I still have my belly button! Hallelujah! 


6 comments:

  1. So exciting!! My advice is to take home everything the hospital gives you. You can't beat free diapers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole- stock up on ALL your pads now. Lendel will thank you for doing that. I didn't the first couple times & Brandon had to get them for me. Yeah, enough said. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see this little one. I am going to hold him and rock him and kiss him!

    P.S. I can't stop giggling about Brandon buying pads:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved having a boppy at the hospital. It makes all the difference when you're trying to figure out what you're doing. Good Luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha Michelle that is great!!! Lendel isn't actually afraid of that kind of stuff, and would probably not think a thing of it ;) Maddie that's a great idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lendel is a sweetie!
    Honestly, you won't need to take anything for the baby except a coming home outfit. The hospital will cut his nails, give you a binkie, the best nasal aspirator available, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, blankets, formula, soap, lotion, etc. Take all the diapers and wipes the hospital will give you! I'd suggest taking a nursing cover and stuff for you to do (books, games, cell phone charger, video camera, camera, journal, etc.) The bag looks great for after the hospital! You just won't need any of it while you're there. :)
    EXCITING!!

    ReplyDelete